Here's what you'll need to get started as a Support Worker on Kynd:
1) Create your Account on Kynd
2) Have your ABN (Australian Business Number) ready. If you don't have an ABN, you can find some helpful info here.
3) Have a great Profile Photo ready to upload for your profile
4) Have your Police Check ready (you can apply for one during sign up for only $39).
5) Have a copy of your Government Photo ID ready to upload (drivers license or passport).
6) Have at least one of the below certifications ready to upload:
- First Aid Certificate (issued within the last 3 years), or
- Certificate III or IV in Individual Support (or similar)
(Disability or Ageing, Home and Community Care), or
- Nursing Degree or another support related qualification
7) You will also need to upload a Working With Children Check if you wish to support people under the age of 18. You can find more info on applying for a WWCC in your state here.
You can then add more info, answer some questions and get started!
If you've already got the above, you can normally set up in 5 minutes.
What else should I do when getting started?
As an independent Support Worker who uses Kynd, you are running your own business as an 'NDIS Provider'. It is important that you understand your obligations as a support worker, and the NDIS Code of Conduct.
You can read more information and find free online training courses and resources here.
Once you've completed these free online training courses, you can mention this on your profile for Members to see!